Search Technologies is the leading trusted and independent technology services firm specializing in the design, implementation, and management of search and big data analytics applications. Both search and big data require a deep understanding of the nature of structured and unstructured content, and how to extract knowledge and business value from the data.
We offer our customers a program of managed services, consisting of Search and Big Data Application Support, Quality Management, and Strategic Planning. We have a Global Support Team available 24/7 to meet our customer's needs. And we are growing this Team. We have an opportunity for an Engineer to join this Team on a fulltime basis, working from our Costa Rica location. The job specification is as follows:
As an Engineer 1, Managed Services, you’ll be monitoring and maintaining the search application and related infrastructure for large organizations. In this role you’ll be part of a dedicated global support team, which will also be providing an end-to-end front line support for issues logged by the customers.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for deployment of all new versions, features and patches in multiple environments.
- Managing the day-to-day operations for data ingestion, processing and indexing for the search Application.
- Maintaining the stability and high availability of the search platform along with monitoring and responding to alerts and direct calls or tickets from all customers.
- Investigate, learn and resolve complex incidents and problems in the managed/supported environment.
- Generate standard operating procedures, new processes and any type of knowledge obtained through incident and problem management, deployments, changes, and anything of the like
- Extract information, analyse it and generate clear reports for the customers.
- Create tools/procedures to standardize and simplify the day to day activities.
- Identify potential issues and address those properly before those affect the managed/supported environment.
- Must have some knowledge and/or experience with incident and problem management and troubleshooting to investigate, diagnose and resolve any production issues.
- Investigation and communication skills (for clear understanding of problems and troubleshooting).
- Shell scripting experience (EG.: UNIX/Linux, PowerShell, Ansible)
- Knowledge of functional/non-functional and in particular System/UAT testing methodologies is also required.
- Working experience in Virtualization, Linux, Windows, Active Directory, PowerShell and bash scripting.
- Excellent client-facing skills
- Problem solving/analysis
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ongoing ability and desire to learn new technologies
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Excellent time management skills.
Required Education and Experience
- College degree or advanced studies in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar
- 3 years of IT Engineer/System Administrator related activities experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- It is highly desirable for the candidate to possess some knowledge and experience with search related technologies including but not limited to Apache Solr (Lucidworks), Elasticsearch (Elastic), Apache Maven, Hadoop (Cloudera),
- Code development basic skills to debug and/or code small components.
- Certifications in Linux/Microsoft Technologies or any corporate well-known standard
- One year experience in Code Development related activities
- Experience in Java
- Experience in monitoring systems such as Nagios
- Experience in Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure cloud based infrastructure environments
- Some experience in Capacity, Release and Configuration Management.
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment experience.